Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Belonging

In life, we often have ideas of what we should do, where we should go, the types of friendships and relationships that would be good for us.  I've done a lot of this... Steering my own ship; sometimes by instinct (good), and sometimes by force (less good).  This photo, this space, is a place that I don't know how I got to.  It wasn't by a road I laid out for myself, nor is it one that could be illustrated or tracked through any system I could strive to understand.  I sometimes want to ask -- who it was that made sure it happened, without effort, and so outside of my 'regular' life.  And how did it manage with all my interference, all my ideas, all my decisions.

But I think belonging unto itself has no questions, existing only as stillness, connection, and vibration.

I think instead about gratitude, that now I'll need to change how I understand it, and how I express it, because this feels too good for what I understood it to be.

Today, I think Gratitude is best expressed in being in what's available.
So I don't ask.
I belong.

Note: Two of these beautiful people I only half-met last night! The others, many moons ago.